SUSLA to interview final candidates for chancellor position
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - Southern University Shreveport (SUSLA) is searching for a new chancellor to fill the role Rodney Ellis, the previous chancellor, left behind.
The search committee plans to narrow down the selection to three candidates on Jan. 27. They will then go to the main campus in Baton Rouge to interview with Southern University’s president and chancellor.
The search committee has selected five finalists. Potential candidates were interviewed Jan. 11 and Jan. 12. The semifinalists were interviewed Jan. 25 and Jan. 26.
The five candidates selected are:
- Peggy Bradford, former president of Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Illinois
- Bree E. Cook, vice president for academic affairs at Pacific Oaks College in Pasadena, California
- W. Franklin Evans, president of West Liberty University in West Liberty, West Virginia
- Aubra Gantt, clinician at Springstone, Copper Springs East Behavioral Health Hospital in Gilbert, Arizona
- Antonius J. Pegues, vice president for finance and administration at Albany State University in Albany Georgia
The successful applicant will serve as the chief executive officer of the Shreveport campus and be responsible for the administration of all activities of the campus.
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.